It's been an exciting week in the Thurman household. It all started Sunday morning when Matty woke up with goopy eyes. In our favorite baby reference book - Baby 411 - there actually was an index entry for "eyes, goopy". After flipping to that page, we made the lovely discovery that he most likey had pink eye. So, we were off to the doctor first thing Monday morning. Which is when I managed to cross another item off of the "dumb things I never thought I would do" list - locking the keys in the car WITH THE BABY. Yep - keys, phone, and baby in the locked car, me outside. Aaaaaack!!! Fortunately, it was only a few minutes before a good samaritan came along and let me use his cell phone to call Juan. So, after the longest 15 minutes of my life, Juan showed up with spare keys in hand to rescue us. I was sweating bullets, Matty was sound asleep in his car seat. Good thing he was overdue for a nap when I put him in the car!
In other news...
Matty is mobile! He's got the army crawl down pretty well now. Luckily for us, army crawling is not a very fast method of locomotion. But, it won't be long before he figures out how to get his belly off the ground. Then we're really in trouble.
And...
The tooth count has increased dramatically over the last month. He is now up to 5 teeth (3 on top, 2 on the bottom), with two others that are close to popping through. And boy, can he use them. Trying to feel for new teeth with my finger is a dangerous proposition.
And of course, here are some pictures:
Great smile - bad camera work! Turns out it's hard to tickle and take pictures at the same time.

Checking out his toys in his tube o' fun

Help! I'm stuck in my tube o' fun!

Cereal face

Going for a walk in my fishin' hat

I rolled myself into a blanket burrito!

burrito close-up

Riding on daddy's shoulders
2 comments:
OK, seriously ... does Mattie ever stop smiling? His smile even makes me happy, so I can only imagine how lucky you guys are to see it so often.
He is just getting so big and is so handsome. Josh is also making an effort toward army crawling, but he gets grumpy and resorts to rolling back and forth again.
Can't wait to see you guys in July!
Post a Comment