Sunday, September 21, 2008

Power, sweet power!!!

YEAH!!!!! I am excited to report that I'm writing this update from the comfort of our air conditioned, lighted, and Internet-connected home. Whoopee!! We returned from Austin this afternoon to find the CenterPoint energy crews working on our power lines. Within an hour, the juice was flowing again. Hallelujah! Good thing there were no generators to be had in Austin (they were all sent to Houston), so we didn't end up buying one after all.

So, life is starting to return to normal, but with a very clean fridge.

Matty was a trooper during our adventure, AND he hit two big developmental milestones along the way - WALKING (videos coming soon) and no more bottle. Our little guy is growing up. He still primarily crawls to get around, but he can stand himself up without help from furniture or us, and string together 5+ steps at a time. Now we need to get ready for Hurricane Matty.

3 comments:

Dahlia Karch said...

woohoo! about time! I'm glad you're back in business. I'm kicking myself b/c I read your post last week and thought, maybe we should offer our house while we are travelling and it's just empty over the weekend....naa, there's no way they'd still be powerless...and then I forgot to make the offer.
ARGH! Well, regardless, I hope your house and everything is in good shape, and that you have no further exciting events like that in near future.

Unknown said...

So glad you're back on the grid. Josh is still not walking but he traipses around after his push truck like a fiend, so the inevitable is just around the corner. I wonder if we should get him a helmet....

Go, Matty, Go!

Atul Teckchandani said...

What category hurricane do you think Mattie will be? ;)